Sunday, May 1, 2011

April Birthday Cakes


We celebrated five birthdays in one party this April, which meant five birthday cakes all at the same time. I didn't have much time to really prepare for these cakes since I was busy for the prior two weeks when my sisters where in town for a visit. So, these are my five cakes in less than twenty four hours which are also on top of my first ever 5k run at the Komen Race for the Cure. I would say, these are not as grand and not as polished as I would like but given the time and strength constraints, these will do! And given that these were made for friends and for free they really can't complain. ;)




This was a strawberry cake frosted with chocolate ganache and covered with chocolate marshmallow fondant.  Cake was made as requested by the birthday boy.  This cake may seem to have the least design but this one was the most time consuming.  I had a little trouble straightening those letters out!



Spring inspired cake with cherry blossoms. I got too lazy to smooth the icing and fondant out in this cake, so you can see much of the humps on this cake. :( Cake was mocha cake iced with mocha flavored swiss buttercream meringue icing then covered with marshmallow fondant. 





This cake was a combination of vanilla cake, strawberry cake and chocolate cake or as they call it Neopolitan cake.  Cake was iced with vanilla buttercream and covered with marshmallow fondant.  I used a mat that has the "happy birthday" design to give the fondant a stamped effect.


Okay, on this cake I really had trouble putting some decorations.  One thing I was sure about this cake was the color, ORANGE! Just decided to do the scallop design and put a fondant cherry. As I said, a cherry on top makes a treat extra special. :)  Cake was chocolate cake with cherry filing and iced with vanilla buttercream and covered with marshmallow fondant.  My version of the black forest cake.



Last but not the least, my take on a very famous giant cupcake design.  I've always wanted to try this and glad that I was able to do it with this cake. Simple cake to do and yet gives a WOW factor. :)  This was a vanilla cake iced with vanilla buttercream.  The bottom part was covered with marshmallow fondant.  Also accented with some fondant butterflies.






                                             Simple cakes for good friends..... I hope they enjoyed!

1 comment:

  1. woot woot!! :D love these cakes!

    posted in here - http://www.kitchenexplorers.com/ftf-6-petite-birthday-cakes/

    ReplyDelete