Friday, May 6, 2011

"Ice Cream" Cake



An "ice cream" cake for a friend's birthday. He has been telling me that I should also learn how to make ice cream cakes (like the ones you can buy from Dairy Queen or Coldstone).  Maybe someday I will but for now he will have to settle with this one. haha!

This was a quick cake I made in 2 hours from baking and decorating, well this is less the time I had to wait for the crumb coat to firm up.  When I thought about making this cake, I planned on making the font the same as the Coldstone font.  But I got too lazy to put my cricut machine out.  Anyway, the cake is chocolate cake (as usual as it is the most easy to make and you can never go wrong with chocolate, that's what I've been telling myself. Ha!)  And iced with buttercream. I put some crushed cookies on the icing to make it mint chocolate and vanilla flavor.  Then topped it with some caramel and chocolate syrup drizzles.  Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment