Friday, May 13, 2011

Treats for Friends

There are days when coworkers would be scheduling food day at work.  This means  a looooottttt of food to eat!  It's a fun day and we would be looking forward to go to the office on these days. :)   Our, meaning mine and hubby's, teammates would always tell me to bring spring rolls (lumpia) for food days.  If you know what this is you would know that spring rolls are good when eaten immediately after cooking.  So that means I need to make this in the morning, at least fry, before going to work.  And with almost a hundred to make in one batch that would mean waking up by 5 am!  And there are days that I am not in the mood to do that.... so what do we resort to on those kind of days???  Well, aside from buying Krispy Kreme Donuts I would just whip up something real quick and pop it in the oven the night before. ;)

So for todays food day for my hubby's team... I baked them some chocolate banana cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting and some cinnamon rolls.  I guess these were still a hit since hubby came home with empty containers. But I must say not as hit as spring rolls! :)




I was able to send some of these to a few of my good friends in Minnesota.  Hope they enjoy these!


No comments:

Post a Comment