Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Jake's Birthday Cakes


In a couple of months my youngest will be turning 4 and that means I need to start his party planning started. And most importantly think about his birthday cake. It will be the first time that I will be doing his cake in fondant. As you can see in the pictures his past 3 birthday cakes are all out of swiss meringue buttercream. I haven't discovered fondant then so I am super excited to be doing his upcoming birthday cake. I have asked him what he wanted for his cake. He would say he wants superheroes especially batman and spiderman. But I don't think he has made up his mind yet because if I ask him again what he wants he would tell a different one like Ironman again! Well, I guess I still have a month and a half to really decide what his cake will be. So, we'll see.








This is the cake I made for his first birthday.  I tried hard to make it pretty just by using the buttercream icing.










His second birthday cake. Again mocha cake with same buttercream icing.  Didn't make that much effort here.  I did this for his exact birthday so he can blow candles on that day.









I would say this is the worst cake I have ever made.  This is the cake I served at Jake's second birthday party.  Though the taste is decent but I had a ton of trouble making this.  I overdid the icing so it went runny. Then the food color I used I thought was red but when I put it in the icing it was bright pink! Oh my!

  






This is his third birthday cake. Still mocha cake but I think I've improved on this cake. He wanted an Iron Man cake but at that time I haven't discovered the art of making fondant cakes. So this is what I have came up with.  I am pretty happy with this since he was able to recognize the cake and he was happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment