Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie
Here's a simple and very easy to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. I originally planned on putting in some raisins but didn't find some in my pantry so the chocolate chip went it. :)
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
4. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in another bowl; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended.
5. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
6. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
7. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven.
8. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Note: I let it baked for an additional 3 minutes because I made the cookies a little bigger than usual.