Saturday, August 13, 2011

Raspberry Cupcake


Another berry in season... raspberries! Again, I had to try it out on a cupcake and see how it fairs and if I will like it. It's pretty good but I must admit that I love the blackberry one better. :)
For this one, I baked a white cake into cupcakes and then whipped a raspberry buttercream icing. Then I topped the cupcakes with a raspberry and dusted it with some powdered sugar.
 

Raspberry Buttercream Icing
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1 cup butter at room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar
pinch of salt

- In a blender, puree the raspberries and sugar.
- Sieve through the puree to remove the seeds.
- In a blender, cream the butter with 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Add the raspberry puree in the mixture slowly until well incorporated.
- Add the remaining sugar until well blended.

Note: You may need to add more sugar to suite your taste and for frosting consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment