Tuesday, September 6, 2011
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Another easy cookie to make and my very favorite! I made these and also the oatmeal cookies for our road trip the past weekend. Something to munch on while on the road. :)
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
1 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
4. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl then gradually stir into the creamed mixture.
5. Mix in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate.
6. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
7. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
Note: I baked this 3 minutes longer as I made the cookie a little bigger than usual.