Sunday, November 13, 2011

Blue Birthday Cake


A simple birthday cake for a friend who celebrated her 25th birthday.  Colored the cake blue since it's her favorite color.  I didn't have much time preparing for this cake thus the simple design. Used the quilting technique and also tried the scallop crimper I bought a long time ago. It was my first time using it so I wasn't quite sure how to gauge it. So I made a mistake trying it out and crimping the edge of the cake directly. A disaster!! So to cover it up, I rolled out fondant and did the crimping on it and attached it to the top and bottom edge. :)


I made a decent looking flower to put it on top. The only regret I have here is I didn't use the script letter cutters.  Oh well! What do you do if you have only a couple of hours to do the cake. hehe.

Anyway, what's important is the celebrant liked it!  Cake was chocolate with vanilla buttercream icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment