Sunday, June 24, 2012

40th Birthday Cake and Cupcakes



Did these cake and cupcakes for a friend who celebrated his 40th birthday last May.  The wife asked if I can make cupcakes and if I had the spare time because around that time I had a lot going on. My sister and her family was coming over for a visit, it's been a long time since we've seen her family so we were very excited and was trying to prepare as much as we can.  Also, my brother in law had a birthday coming up so I have already planned on making him a birthday cake.  Then to top it of, my boss at work ask if I can make the baby shower cake for our team mate.

Well, anyways, obviously I had the time to make a simple cake for our friend and the cupcakes that his wife requested. Unfortunately, we were not able to attend the party since we went out of town the day before the party.

The cake was chocolate moist cake with chocolate ganache filling and vanilla buttercream frosting.  Simple design with stars and covered it and the letters/numbers and border with silver edible glitter.


Cupcakes are vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting topped with colorful fondant accents. I tried a new vanilla cake recipe and my son who did the taste test said it was pretty good. :)

All in all, though it was a hectic week, I had fun doing these cake and cupcakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment